List of the Dueling Loops Videos
1. Overview of the Dueling Loops, 11 minutes
Part One: Basic Concepts of Systems Thinking and the Problem
2. The Discovery of the Sustainability Problem by the Limits to Growth Project, 6 min
3. The Basic Concept of Feedback Loops, with Pop Growth, 9 min
4. How Simulation Models Work, with Pop Growth, 10 min
5. The Importance of Structural Thinking, 3 types, 8 min
Part Two: Deriving the Basic Dueling Loops Shape from Past System
6. What Jared Diamond’s Collapse Book Attempted to Do, 6 min
7. Extracting the Competitive Spiral from Collapse, 8 min
8. The Two Fundamental Opposed Loops of All Political Systems, 5 min
9. The Four Loop Model of Why Some Societies Collapsed, 7 min
10. The Basic Dueling Loops Shape, 15 min
These videos are the visual version of the Dueling Loops paper. They cover the Dueling Loops model, how it works, and what it implies. Start with the first one.
The rest of the series
The rest of this series was originally planned to include the following additional videos. However, this additional work has been replaced by The Progressive Paradox film.
13. The Race to the Top, added from scratch
14. Classic Activism as the Main Traditional Way to Push on the Truth Node
Part Four: The Key Insights of the DL Structure
15. The Inherent Advantage of the Race to the Bottom, added
16. Due to this inherent advantage, the RTB is easily exploited, w examples
17. The current exploiter is the New Dominant Life Form
18. The High Leverage Point of Ability to Detect Pol. Deception, added
19. The Cyclic Nature of the Dueling Loops, don’t show add, just graphs
20. Summary and Conclusions (ideas listed, not separate videos)
- List assumptions for basic shape.
- If true, then all the insights are probably true.
- List insights, possibly with memorable thumbnail for each
- End with: Does the DL structure exist?
- If so, how can we best push on the HLP?