Search results

1. Jack Harich

Where this research is going

Hi Montserrat, I thought I'd start this thread. Teamwork Project's chat feature is not good enough for serious discussion and sharing of documents. I really like where your document on Setting Patterns of Deception Impact Level is going. I've made some small edits with change tracking turned...
  2. Jack Harich

Getting started with this project

The best way to describe this project is to post the series of emails that led to it. Here are the key emails in chronological order: October 4, 2018 Hi there Mike, Hope your mind is still opening !!! I had an idea today about a possible place you could contribute. It might even grow into a...
  3. Jack Harich

September 2018 Core Group Meetings

For the September 2 meeting at 8:00 pm EST. Overall the research project is going very well, considering its difficulty. Previously we've found some happy little bumps in the road. But recently we've discovered a large serious bump in the road, as described in the thread on Solving the problem...
  4. Jack Harich

Solving the problem of how to measure the truth

Our applied research project, Politician Truth Ratings, has reached what appears to be the crux of the entire project. How can a claim-check measure the truth of a claim accurately and precisely? Let's define our terms. According to Wikipedia: What makes this problem hard is it's a classic...
  5. Jack Harich

August 2018 Core Group Meetings

Things are getting downright exciting! We are closing in on having the Truth Ratings System tool ready for running well-designed claim-check experiments. If our central hypothesis, that it's possible to accurately measure the truth of claims is not proven false, then we have taken the first...
  6. Jack Harich

July 2018 Core Group Meetings

Well, July is going to be an incredible month! Monteserrat travels up to Atlanta! Scott marches forward on seeing where AI fits in our long-term vision. Jack tries to upgrade the prototype to multi-user database. And pretty soon we all start claim-check experimentation cycles, as Montserrat's...
  7. Jack Harich

June 2018 - Core Group Meetings

Here's the agenda for our June 3rd meeting at 8:00PM EST. A. Montserrat Update on accommodations for my stay in Atlanta. Anything else? B. Scott To be provided. C. Jack Report on prototype progress. It's going extremely well. This week I worked on lots of small details and bugs, added...
  8. Jack Harich

May 2018 - Core Group Meetings

Here's the agenda for our May 6 meeting at 8:00PM EST. Naturally we'll have an agenda check at the beginning of our meeting. A. Montserrat - I'm taking a guess that these may be things you want to discuss, based on your forum reply. Reviewing the new versions of the videos. Thinking about the...
  9. Jack Harich

Planning for Monthly Project Management Meetings - Analytical Activists of Atlanta - 2018

We have a Meetup group called the Analytical Activists of Atlanta. The group meets on the second Sunday at 2:00PM EST at the Tower. Past meeting turnout has ranged from 5 to 13, though lately this is down to about 5. Quality has been growing. Some folks Skype in, like Scott and Montserrat. I...
  10. Jack Harich

New Video - How Structured Argument Analysis Works

Good news. I've just completed another video, for use in our Kickstarter campaign for The Politician Truth Ratings Project. Go to that page and scroll down. It's the second video (How Structured Argument Analysis Works) and runs 22 minutes. Watch it in full screen mode with good speakers or...
  11. Jack Harich

Kickstarter videos version 1

That was a great meeting on April 8th! To followup I'd like to get everyone's feedback on the videos in more detail. This will help greatly. The general strategy is to show the videos to folks, get their feedback, improve the videos, and then show them again, and repeat until people are raving...
  12. Jack Harich

April 2018 - Core Group Meetings

Here's our agenda for this April 15 at 8:00PM EST. I've taken some guesses. During the agenda check we can finalize the agenda. A. All Agenda check. What should we put on the agenda? While it's fresh in our minds, what did we learn from today's meeting about the videos? After Scott and...